How to become a Life Coach
I've been asked for suggestions on how to become a life coach. I thought I would share my thoughts on this with you.
- Do some solid work on yourself before trying to support others in their journey. Spend time with a mentor or coach yourself. Try some in depth work, such as a shamanic facilitation session, such as I offer, which can help you fill in energy gaps in your life. Or do some active dreaming - working and playing with our dreams can open up a lot of avenues for self-understanding. Again, I offer dream work sessions. See my services on www.dreamlifenz.com
- When you' ve done that, you should have a clearer idea of the kind of areas you'd like to help others in and where you're qualified.
- You may decide to get certified - You don't need to be certified to be a life coach; however it can help set you apart from other coaches and can give you more credibility. Look into certifications from accredited organizations such as the International Coaching Federation (ICF). Some organizations like Mindvalley offer certifications in holistic coaching.
- Learn how to listen - As a life coach, you will need to be able to listen carefully and objectively to your clients. Learn how to focus on their needs while still maintaining a professional attitude.
- Find a niche - Find a particular area of life coaching that you enjoy and specialize in. This will help you to stand out from other life coaches and make it easier to market yourself.
- Develop your own style - Every life coach has their own unique approach to their coaching. Take the time to develop your unique style and strategy that works best for you and your clients.
- Learn how to market yourself – You will need to learn how to market your services effectively. Think about creating a website and using social media, as well as traditional advertising techniques such as newspapers, radio, and TV.
Contact me to discuss further: firstname.lastname@example.org